Friday, November 16, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken

When I was a kid my Mom would make this chicken using chicken legs. I l.o.v.e.d it! It was my favorite! Its sweet and tangy goodness takes me back to my old house growing up sitting around our huge kitchen table waiting impatiently for my turn to dish up. But its not just one of those dishes that's only good because I have some emotional attatchment connected. Everyone loves it! I don't use chicken legs like my Mom always did but its the same sauce recipe. Can't mess with perfection!

Hawaiian Chicken



2 1/2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast's chopped and cooked
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 Tbsp. dried onions-or more until you like the flavor.

Once your chopped chicken is cooked add all ingredients for the sauce in the same pan and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Quick. Painless. Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment